By Happy Mothering: http://www.happy-mothering.com
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup melt and pour soap (like olive oil, hemp or goat milk)
- 3-4 drops of peppermint essential oil*
- 1 cup organic sugar
- Red Mica colorant (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt your soap. If you do not have a double boiler, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Mix in your coconut oil until combined and add your peppermint essential oil.
- Separate into two separate bowls, adding your mica into one bowl and mix until color is uniform.
- Add ½ cup of sugar to each bowl, doing one bowl at a time. Mix until well combined. You are looking for a slushy like consistency.
- Pour into your silicone molds and allow to dry for 1-2 hours before unmolding. If your sugar and soap mixture gets too thick, microwave on 10 second bursts until you are able to pour.